Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
UK Hyundai Accent Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
My Traiter Mickey in camp ! . (Read 2003 times)
CJ
UKHAC Admin
LC (2000-'02)

Accent enthusiast

Northampton, England
Reply #15 - Feb 27th, 2017 at 8:54pm

Ah, I see. Maybe not right now then. Grin

IP Logged

itscdx
Accent Enthusiast
LC (2000-'02)

UKHAC.co.uk

Reply #16 - Feb 27th, 2017 at 10:39pm

CJ wrote on Feb 27th, 2017 at 8:54pm:
Ah, I see. Maybe not right now then. Grin

You got the idea mate Wink and i have been toying with the idea at a later date of fitting US style rear lights as their all red as i've seen just the odd Focus with them fitted and they look good on dark coloured Focus's lol .

IP Logged

itscdx
Accent Enthusiast
LC (2000-'02)

UKHAC.co.uk

Reply #17 - Mar 6th, 2017 at 6:35pm

Just made a minor update as i got these off Scott an  old friend a couple of years ago when he was breaking his old Focus ..

So before  ,

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

And after ,

I have too admit they do suit the colour better than the originals but any way tell me what you think guy's n gal's ..

Ian ..
« Last Edit: Mar 6th, 2017 at 6:40pm by itscdx »  

IP Logged

CJ
UKHAC Admin
LC (2000-'02)

Accent enthusiast

Northampton, England
Reply #18 - Mar 7th, 2017 at 10:01pm

I think it's better Smiley

IP Logged

itscdx
Accent Enthusiast
LC (2000-'02)

UKHAC.co.uk

Reply #19 - Mar 7th, 2017 at 10:35pm

It does look alot better in the metal mate and my next tidy up is the front fogs which i'll have to remove to sort them out ..

IP Logged

itscdx
Accent Enthusiast
LC (2000-'02)

UKHAC.co.uk

Reply #20 - Mar 23rd, 2017 at 8:57pm

Just a little update from this ,

to this ,

I've  seen a few done over these past 12 months and i think it looks a great improvement over the standard ..
« Last Edit: Jun 30th, 2017 at 9:53pm by itscdx »  

IP Logged

itscdx
Accent Enthusiast
LC (2000-'02)

UKHAC.co.uk

Reply #21 - Mar 27th, 2017 at 7:27pm

Decided to wash my Focus today and was knacked after going up and down stairs several times for water but at least the old boy looks better for it .

« Last Edit: Jun 30th, 2017 at 10:00pm by itscdx »  

IP Logged

itscdx
Accent Enthusiast
LC (2000-'02)

UKHAC.co.uk

Reply #22 - May 1st, 2017 at 11:28pm

I heard a crunch , screech and then  a loud thunk the other day just before the front of the car dropped while reversing onto the drive   Shocked .

This is what i saw when looking under the front offside wheel arch "ouch!"  .

And this is how the Focus was left sitting on the drive  Cry .

But a quick visit to ebay got me these   Cool ,

So i managed to borrow a pair of coil compressor clamps off the youngest lad and with the aid of a new 14mm 1/2" drive socket and some plus gas this was the end result  Cool ,,

I'm rather pleased how it's all turned out and my car feels great to drive  Wink Wink so just waiting for the car to settle to it's new height as the new springs are 6mm shorter than the originals but i ain't complaining as the setup feels alot stiffer and more responsive   Cool ..

IP Logged

CJ
UKHAC Admin
LC (2000-'02)

Accent enthusiast

Northampton, England
Reply #23 - May 5th, 2017 at 2:31pm

Wow, those old ones must have been very brittle. Guess it's a good thing they snapped as you were pulling up in your drive!

IP Logged

itscdx
Accent Enthusiast
LC (2000-'02)

UKHAC.co.uk

Reply #24 - May 6th, 2017 at 8:45pm

Guess i was kinda lucky the spring going while parking on the drive CJ as i'd of hated it to of happend on the motorway  Shocked and tbh on inspection of the break the coil had rusted halfway through before snapping but apparently coils snapping on mk1 Focus's is a common thing yet my youngest lad is on his second mk1 Focus and never had the issue   Shocked ..

But anyway i now need to remedy a squeeking drive belt  Huh so i'm going to be running this little Focus for the next couple of years or so until i can replace it with  ?????? .
« Last Edit: May 7th, 2017 at 6:31pm by itscdx »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
  « Home ‹ Board Top of this page