Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
UK Hyundai Accent Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
LC (pre-facelift) bonnet/hood (Read 1552 times)
CJ
UKHAC Admin
LC (2000-'02)

Accent enthusiast

Northampton, England
May 13th, 2015 at 11:55am

Hi all,

I know it's highly unlikely anyone is selling one but if you happen to see one online or in a local scrapyard etc., then please let me know.

The way to identify a pre-facelift model for those that don't know if usually the front grille and bumper; the grille is more angular and the bumper has round foglight holes instead of the more rectangular ones on the facelift model.

Ideally looking for one in Hiphop red but would consider other colours if the price is low.

Reason for looking is the difference in weight between the two as I believe it's quite substantial as I found out when I met itscdx at mine to trade steering wheels.

So please keep your eyes out and let me know if you see one or are selling one. Smiley

IP Logged

maxdaccent
UKHAC Admin
LC (2000-'02)

UKHAC Member

Essex
Reply #1 - May 14th, 2015 at 5:26pm

i still have my original bonnet but its painted black with the red metalflake.  not sure on the condition as its been stored in my mums garage for some time now. its in a box but not sure if the corners are any good as when we put it there i think they srapped a bit even though they were all bubble wrapped.  if im down my mums at the weekend i will try and dig it out and get a look at it if you want.

2001 HYUNDAI ACCENT MVI RUNNING 87.16WHP
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

CJ
UKHAC Admin
LC (2000-'02)

Accent enthusiast

Northampton, England
Reply #2 - May 15th, 2015 at 8:40am

Yeah, that'd be good if you could. Thanks, Ross. Smiley

If you can get at it can you take some pictures of any scrapes or damage plus the structural webbing on the underside of the bonnet?

Cheers.

IP Logged

maxdaccent
UKHAC Admin
LC (2000-'02)

UKHAC Member

Essex
Reply #3 - May 15th, 2015 at 7:53pm

Cj

I have sent you the pictures via facebook messenger as its quicker rather than upload them on here  Smiley

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

CJ
UKHAC Admin
LC (2000-'02)

Accent enthusiast

Northampton, England
Reply #4 - May 16th, 2015 at 10:39am

Cool. Thanks, I'll go check them out.

IP Logged

Ix.
Accent Obsessed
LC (2000-'02)

UKHAC.co.uk

Reply #5 - May 24th, 2015 at 12:01am

Wow! , it took you a long time to get round to doing that CJ and of course i'll keep my fingers crossed that Ross's bonnet is up to scratch for you Wink ..

IP Logged

CJ
UKHAC Admin
LC (2000-'02)

Accent enthusiast

Northampton, England
Reply #6 - May 24th, 2015 at 7:59pm

Haha. Wasn't high on my list (and still isn't) but thought I'd put the feelers out as they say.  Wink

IP Logged

Ix.
Accent Obsessed
LC (2000-'02)

UKHAC.co.uk

Reply #7 - May 25th, 2015 at 4:30pm

Theirs now't wrong with testing the water's early mate as some times you just fall lucky on a good opportunity mate Wink ..

IP Logged

maxdaccent
UKHAC Admin
LC (2000-'02)

UKHAC Member

Essex
Reply #8 - Oct 3rd, 2015 at 4:37pm

mine is still here if anybody wants it.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
  « Home ‹ Board Top of this page