Send Topic Print
CJ's Accent - "Max" (Read 35382 times)
CJ
UKHAC Admin
LC (2000-'02)

Accent enthusiast

Northampton, England
Reply #195 - Apr 13th, 2018 at 6:28pm

Wanted to update everyone (that's left) on what's going on and also document my ideas on next steps for Maxxy.

So at the minute Maxxy's been off the road since September/October last year as my other half was out of work for a while and as things were starting to get tight running one less car seemed like a sensible thing to do, especially as mine is less economical and insuring her on it would've added hundreds as a newly passed driver.

As things have gotten better since then (and because I really miss driving my car) I'm looking at getting Maxxy back on the road soon and also picking up where I left off in regards to mods etc.

First thing will be get to him through an MOT of course. Having sat idle through the coldest, wettest months I'm worried that'll not be smooth sailing but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

As for mods, I've got several already bought and waiting to be fitted plus several more favourited or saved on my browser/eBay (some cosmetic, some performance).

I'm also planning on doing a strip of the interior (not sure how far I'll take this yet) and a professional tidy up of the exterior (including some mods).

Basically if all goes to plan and things keep improving for me and the Mrs financially then the car should be driving and looking the best it ever has by the end of the year. Cool

Wish me luck!

IP Logged

itscdx
Accent Enthusiast
LC (2000-'02)

UKHAC.co.uk

Reply #196 - Apr 18th, 2018 at 4:21pm

I know you can sort him CJ   Wink so just a matter of time I guess although the one thing I'd do for a cheapish performance upgrade is remove the rear seats as that will loose a few grams plus the spare wheel and replace that  with a temporary tyre repair can which should also improve the economy just a tad though but definitely a plus  .

IP Logged

Nikkei
UKHAC Global Mod

UKHAC

Manchester
Reply #197 - May 1st, 2018 at 1:25am

Grin m8..True car man.

not sure if worth mention..i have started to put back the X3 MVTi back into looking like a car few months ago since winter was a boring one after busting my leg on the winter rally.

I still have the yellow LC so maybe a engine swap for maxxy ?.

hope summer be kind to you m8 and lets see the ride hitting the tarmac again Smiley.

Nikkei  
IP Logged

CJ
UKHAC Admin
LC (2000-'02)

Accent enthusiast

Northampton, England
Reply #198 - May 8th, 2018 at 9:43am

Well I'll keep you all informed here but I want to allow a decent financial buffer first cos knowing my luck I'll spend hundreds getting the car back on the road only for something to go wrong at the house lol.

Still gotta make that trip to yours to meet up and get those DTM mirrors on, Nikkei!

Glad to hear you're working on the X3 again, would be great to see/hear that thing going.

IP Logged

Nikkei
UKHAC Global Mod

UKHAC

Manchester
Reply #199 - Jun 5th, 2018 at 12:56pm

Quote:
Still gotta make that trip to yours to meet up and get those DTM mirrors on, Nikkei!

you are welcome anytime CJ..this summer started off ok but its hard to say if it will last Grin.

hmmm..you might need indiana jones to find those DTM hahahaha.

if you planning a trip then save all your parts and bring them with you..we can fit them together and you save some labour cost which then can be spent on more parts Wink.

Nikkei  
IP Logged

CJ
UKHAC Admin
LC (2000-'02)

Accent enthusiast

Northampton, England
Reply #200 - Jun 7th, 2018 at 12:46am

Sounds good to me, dude. Hope you come across the mirrors before I get there though haha.

Still got those X3 drums if you want them.

IP Logged

Nikkei
UKHAC Global Mod

UKHAC

Manchester
Reply #201 - Jun 17th, 2018 at 9:57pm

i am still on the same number so drop me a text whenever you plan the trip CJ Smiley.

I could do with those drums if you don't need them coz I have remove those f2 setup..oh think I have a set of drums for the LC so maybe a swap Wink.

Nikkei  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 
Send Topic Print
  « Home ‹ Board Top of this page