Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
UK Hyundai Accent Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Newbies Car Show Guide (Read 1299 times)
Soul
UKHAC Admin

UKHAC Webmaster / Admin

Norwich, Norfolk, UK
Jan 1st, 2009 at 3:41am

Here's my beginners guide to car shows Wink

What's it all about?
Car shows are where people from different car clubs come together to show off their cars on thier own "Club Stands".  The club stands are normally layed out one next to another, and sometimes are intermixed with trade stands - who sell all kinds of car modifying goodies at lower prices than you normally get in the shops.  so shows are not only a good place to hang out and party with fellow club members, but also a place to pic up a few bargains.  In the evenings at shows that span more thn one day there tends to be evening entertainment like dance tents, funfair rides, Adult entertinment tent, etc... but it depends on the show as to what they will have.

This is a good way to meet other club members as well as others interested in modifying cars.  Due to the laid back attitude of a lot of the UKHAC and UKHCC members, these can be really fun events Smiley

When are the shows?
There are numerous shows throughout the year.  They can be from anytime in mid to late Spring, to late in the Winter.  As the shows are all up and down the country (as well as to the East and West) they may not be possible to attend for all members.

How do I book my place on a club stand?
Any shows that the club wishes to attend will be advertised well in advance.  The details of how to book your place and who to pay will be given in the advert for the show.

How much does it cost?
The price for booking a car in for the club stand and any passengers will be given in the advert for the show.  Normally this will consist of £xx.xx for the driver and car, and a little extra for each passenger.  For most shows this cost will include the use of the camping facilities for all who come in the car.

When and how do I pay?
The advert for the show will detail who to pay, and when the deadline is.  Please note - the deadline is not when you should pay - you should pay for your tickets as far in advance as possible.  The reason for this is that in order to book a club stand we need a minimum number of cars to be booked, otherwise we won't get a club stand.  

All payments will normally be taken in the form of a cheque payable to the event organisors (for security reasons), and will not be posted off until enough payments are recieved to meet the minimum number of cars required for the club stand.  The organisor for the club stand (UKHAC Staff member or designated other) will inform members when payments are outstanding and when they are going to be payed in (so you don't get a nasty surprise when the cheque gets cashed by the event organisors).

However, in other cases your payment will be made directly to a club member (normally an Admin or Moderator) who will book on your behalf.  This can save a lot of time and hassle, plus you can pay well before the show, giving you time to save for goodies at the show Wink

Booking the car and driver in asap is a must, but passengers can be added at a later date.  Some shows will give you a ticket reference so you can pay the discounted rate for passengers on entry on the day of the show, otherwise you will have to pay full rate (e.g. One weekend show cost £15 for driver and car, and £20 per passenger in advance ... on the day of the show passengers cost £45 for the weekend).

Credit will not be given to any member (i.e a member saying they are coming but can't pay until the day of the show - so the club organisor has to pay for their ticket in advance) ... This is because of previous shows where members have said they would come, and the staff have payed on their behalf expecting payment on the day - and the members have not turned up or refused to pay after the show.  I had this happen at one show a few years back leaving me £70 out of pocket.  Put simply - if you don't pay in advance, you don't go.

Summary:
- Look at the advertised show dates that the club wishes to attend and decide if you want to come / can come or not.  
- Do not show "interest" in coming to a show unless you know you can afford to pay for it and you can definitely attend.
- If you are serious about attending, get your initail payment off to the club member organising the show as soon as you can.
- If you are not sure about passengers but still are definite on going yourelf with your car, book and pay for yourself asap ... You can add passengers at a later date (details will be given in the advert as to the deadline).
- We don't bite!!! ... I have been to many shows myself with people who I don't even know and I've had a great time ... at the show during the day, living it up at the evening entertainment, or just chilling out in the tents with a few beers Smiley  Check out my show pictures at Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register to see how some previous show have gone Wink

Feel free to add any further questions or comments below Smiley
« Last Edit: Nov 8th, 2010 at 9:41pm by Soul »  

Links:  Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register - Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Ix.
Accent Obsessed
LC (2000-'02)

UKHAC.co.uk

Reply #1 - May 16th, 2011 at 12:45am

Thanks for a very helpful and easy to understand guide SOUL  Cool

IP Logged

Boza@73
UKHAC Newbie
MC (2006-'09)

UKHAC.co.uk

Reply #2 - Aug 10th, 2017 at 6:37am

Nice post! I am also trying to find affordable service for Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register. Actually I want to participate in the annual trade show for promoting my new business and just needed the display panels for that. If you know about a good service provider, please suggest!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
  « Home ‹ Board Top of this page